The American Farm Bureau Federation is the Voice of Agriculture®. We are farm and ranch families working together to build a sustainable future of safe and abundant food, fiber and renewable fuel for our nation and the world.
- You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit to these forms.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date. Keep in mind that for consideration, you MUST complete the nomination by clicking SUBMIT at the very end of the form.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. This follow-up email will come from Submittable. Please be sure the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable account is one that you check regularly. IMPORTANT - also check your junk email folder for emails from Submittable.
- Please reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions at email@example.com
Welcome to the 2023 Farm Dog of the Year contest. Farm Bureau® and Nestle Purina PetCare Company are looking for the best farm dog in the country! Desired attributes in the Farm Bureau® Farm Dog of the Year include helpfulness to the farmer and his/her family, playfulness and obedience.
The grand prize winner – Farm Bureau Farm Dog of the Year – will win a year’s worth of Purina Pro-Plan dry dog food and $5,000 in prize money. The winner will be recognized at a Farm Dog of the Year award ceremony at the AFBF Convention in January 2023. Up to four regional runners-up will win $1,000 each in prize money.
To apply for the 2023 Farm Dog of the Year contest, complete the application below. Entries must be received after Jan. 9, 2022, at 3 p.m. CST and entry will close on July 1, 2022, at 10:59 pm CST.
Be prepared to provide written responses to the questions below about your farm dog:
- How does he/she enrich your life and that of your family?
- How does he/she support you, the farmer, in doing your job?
- What activities on the farm or ranch does your dog perform or is your dog involved in?
- What non-farm-work activities do you and your dog do together for recreation?
- Describe your commitment to responsible dog ownership (safety practices, current vaccinations, proper nutrition and care, etc.).
- List any awards your dog has received, and any special skills your dog has, or tricks he/she can perform.
In addition, we strongly encourage submission of at least one photo of the nominated dog for consideration (a picture is worth 1,000 words). Submission of a video clip is also optional, but highly encouraged.
For consideration, you MUST complete the nomination by clicking SUBMIT at the very end of the form.
We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. This follow-up email will come from Submittable. Please be sure the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable account is one that you check regularly. Also check your junk email folder for emails from Submittable.